I titled this “remake” because I’m not about to take credit for this recipe. It is totally from the master mind at Sally’s Baking Addiction…I just had to share because it is absolutely amazing. If you love peppermint then you’ll want to go ahead and make two batches of this.
It won’t last long enough with just one!
For the recipe, click to visit Sally’s blog or read below.
5 cups rice chex cereal
10 oz. white baking chocolate
1 cup crushed candy canes (I used the minis)
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt the white chocolate per the package directions (I used the microwave).
3. Working quickly, pour the white chocolate over the cereal and mix until the cereal is coated.
4. Immediately mix in the crushed candy canes.
5. In a large zip top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar. Add the cereal mix to the bag and start shaking until the cereal is coated.
I did an extra step and spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking pan until the chocolate hardened. It took a lot of self control to keep from eating it all right then and there! You should try this…now…don’t walk, run to the store.
For the record – all images in this post are mine, but the recipe is re-written from Sally’s Baking Addiction and I am in no way attempting to claim it as my own personal creation.